The Pillar To Post Home Inspectors – An inspection Company providing Peace of Mind when buying or selling a home in Vermont.
Our Home Inspection services:
- Choose the inspection package that’s best for you! We offer Plus, Premium and Prestige Inspection Packages designed to help you get the most out of your inspection. Our packages begin at $395.
- We realize that each home is different and offer you a variety of additional services, including:
- Radon Testing
- Comprehensive Water Quality Testing (including individual tests, such as Uranium, Gross Alpha, PFOA, Radon in water and many more)
- Mold Screen Inspections with Air Samples and Swabs,
- Allergen Testing
- Wood Destroying Organisms Testing
- Infrared Technology
- Pre-Purchase Inspections for Buyers
- Pre-Listing Inspections for Sellers
- Yearly Maintenance Inspections
- If there’s a service you don’t see listed here please ask us
Buying or selling a home is one of the most significant financial decisions most people will ever make. We have been helping buyers and sellers in Southern Vermont since 2014 with hundreds of professional inspections each year. The comments from our clients show that we’ve been consistently exceeding their expectations. Please go to “Customer Reviews” below on the right and find out what our clients are saying.
We are trusted in the community. Currently we work with about 150+ real estate agents in Vermont who give out our contact information to their clients because they know our work and they know they can rely on us to consistently provide objective and comprehensive inspections.
We understand and work hard to provide what our clients are looking for: professionalism, exceptional customer service, honesty, trustworthiness, knowledge and a fair price.
The Pillar To Post Advantage
All of our inspections are conducted according to the Standards of Practice by The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). ASHI’s examinations are the most rigorous technical examinations in effect today. Scott has reached ASHI’s highest level of certification, the ASHI CERTIFIED INSPECTOR, eligible to use their GOLD LOGO. ASHI Certified.
Our inspector, Scott Stewart, is fully insured, licensed, professional, exceptionally well trained and fully certified by several accredited and well-respected organizations in the Home Inspection Industry. He also knows the differences between normal wear and tear and actual defects.
At Pillar To Post we truly care about you, we LOVE our work and pride ourselves in providing:
- Thorough, unbiased and comprehensive evaluations or a home’s condition
- Inspections of all types of homes, including Single Family Homes, Luxury Country Estates, Condominiums, Ski Lodges, Townhomes and Condos, Older Homes, Historic Residences, Log Homes and more
- Easy scheduling, via phone, e-mail, online or texting 24 hours/ day
- Free inspections of garages, sheds and most barns
- An invitation to the home buyers to accompany us along on our inspections
- Easy to understand and read computerized reports with color photos shortly after the conclusion of the inspection
- An inspection with approximately 1000 check points that encompasses all the things a buyer or seller might be concerned with
- Easy-to-read completed inspection reports with color photos, a cost estimate guide (great tool for estimating repairs now or in the future), seasonal maintenance checklists, and a professional binder
- The information you will need for any repairs and maintenance your new home may require.
- The ability for our clients to custom build their inspection package and any added services
- State-of-the-art equipment and regularly calibrated Continuous Radon Monitors, Mold Testing devices, Infrared Cameras and more
- Peace of mind for home buyers and sellers
- Saturday and Sunday appointments
- We will take the time to answer your questions before, during and after the inspection is completed
Our home evaluation consists of all major items inside and outside the home and is conducted according to the Standards of Practice by The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), including
- Structure and Foundation
- Electrical Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Roofs (including slate roofs)
- Attics, Insulation, Ventilation
- Basements and Crawl Spaces
- Gutters and Drainage
- Walls, Floors and Ceilings
- Porches and Decks
- Property and Site
- Furnaces in Heating Season
- Air Conditioning in Cooling Season
- Plumbing Fixtures in Kitchens and Baths
- Water Heaters
- Lights and Receptacles
- Windows and Doors
- Built-in Appliances (washing machines, dishwashers, stoves, etc.)
- And much more
OUR ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE INDUSTRY AND IN OUR COMMUNITY:
- Certified Pillar To Post Home Inspectors
- Certified Inspectors by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Members of International Association of Home Inspectors (INTERNACHI)
- Members of the South Central Vermont Board of Realtors (SCVBR)
- Members of the Southern Vermont Board of Realtors (SVBR)
- Pillar To Post has been ranked #1 in the category of home inspections by Entrepreneur Magazine in its Annual Franchise 500 issue for five years in a row
Pillar To Post Home Inspectors – The Scott Stewart Team performs home inspections across the state of Vermont including Bennington County, Rutland County, Windham County, and Windsor County.
- Arlington VT
- Bennington VT
- Brattleboro VT
- Chester VT
- Dorset VT
- Killington VT
- Landgrove VT
- Londonderry VT
- Ludlow VT
- Okemo VT
- Manchester VT
- Mount Snow VT
- Peru VT
- Shaftsbury VT
- Stratton VT
- Sunderland VT
- Wardsboro VT
- Wells VT
- Weston VT
- Wilmington VT
- Windham VT
- Winhall VT
Why Choose Us?
We consistently get the highest ratings on the services we provide. Our home buyers and home sellers praise us for our professionalism, integrity, thoroughness and friendly helpfulness. They like the detailed reports with color photos which help them to understand the noteworthy findings of the inspection. They also appreciate the time we spend answering their questions before and after the inspection, inviting them to accompany Scott on the inspection, the easy-to-read inspection reports with color photos right next to the text (versus in the end of a report or in a separate e-mail) and all the little extras we provide.
The Realtors also tell us over and over that they appreciate our unbiased professionalism which gives their clients peace of mind, that we don’t cause unnecessary alarm when we explain our findings to the clients and they always value the quick turn-around of our inspection reports.